21. Finish re-upholstering couch
#21 is done and done. Now I can enter my third decade with all matching couch cushions.
For anyone else thinking about re-upholstering, here’s what I learned.
- The process is really simple: Remove each piece of of the old fabric, one at a time. Keep up with the order you pulled them off. Use the old pieces as templates to make identical new pieces. Put the new ones back on in the same order.
- Visible seams are the hard part. It’s a heck of a lot easier to cover something where you just stretch and staple.
- Buy an electric stapler. $20.
- oh, and buy extra fabric. There’s a hidden party going on under these cushions, and very little matching!!
And now, the big reveal.
I feel like such a grown-up. Maybe I should go floss… or balance my checkbook….
Bethany: Love the recipe exchange concept. If I come across anything good, I’ll let you know. My #2, cooking from scratch for a week, is going to require some serious research.