Foto Friday – Episode 21 – VIDEO EDITION
Okay I know, its Foto Saturday. Slackin slackin tsk tsk tsk. One excuse I can offer up is that I’ve been internally debating whether to post the following clip in whole, in part, or in screenshot only form. What could be the repercussions of releasing this to the public? I guess only time will tell.
So the story is this. Bethany and I participated in a kind of strange “creativity competition” in 1998. (Full disclosure: I participated in ’95, ’96, ’98, and ’99. I wonder if any of those clips are out there in the universe?) The task was to create a creative skit incorporating a list of rather random elements and be creative about it. So, this is our take on “creative”.
So the plot of the skit is something like this:
- There’s an international cat convention!
- The cats need to raise some funds, so they’re going into the cat food business.
- A mummy cat from the neighborhood, King Khufu, awakens to help them create a balanced diet.
- Of course, with product in hand, all’s left is to create a commercial and the cat kingdom will be saved.
- Or something like that.
You should also know that:
- Bethany and I are in the 10th grade but dressed as male cats.
- While my hair is bigger, her one-liners are killer -> “Catnip and mousetails, what was that??”
- Bethany wrote and performed all the musical numbers.
- I suspect Bethany was also responsible for the cat puns (which are too numerous to count).
- We got 2nd place at the state level. (Out of 3. Can you believe it???)
And finally, the people on my team and our coach were nearest and dearest to me in high school. It may have been a weird little competition but it was a definite bonding experience. I still consider them all to be those closest sort of friends who you don’t keep up with or live near but you would do anything in the world for. And when we do get the chance for partial reunions, we have a blast and carry on like nothing has ever changed in the last 14 years.
So, that being said, dearest old friends, I hope you don’t hate me for posting this in its entirety to the interwebs. Bethany and I have come to embrace our awkward highschool selves. I wear it as a badge of honor, and count among my blessings that our high school didn’t have slushy machines. So go pop you some popcorn and come back ready to be really confused because this video is 8 minutes and 51 seconds of bizarre.
Eat khufood, its really nice.
In one box, five kinds of chow.
Fish, chips, apple, milk, and rice.
Khufood is the CAT’s MEOW.