A Bit of January Goal Setting
I’m not much for New Year’s resolutions, but once upon a New Year (two years ago), I made of list of 30 goals for the year of 2012. Looking back on 2013 vs 2012, I can really see a difference. 2013 basically got swallowed up by the overarching task of “buy a house and move again”. 2014 will get similarly swallowed up by “having another baby and living to tell the story”, and obviously that’s just part of it, but I think laying out some simple goals will help. It won’t hurt, anyways.
And, perhaps it will help me focus my blog posts a bit – Bonus!
- Don’t freeze (kidding. but wishing you warmth tonight, people.)
- Cook 4 new vegetables or vegetable recipes
- Visit a new country!! Cheating.. this is already planned…
- Take that long overdue train ride. (One of my 30 goals from 2012.)
- Build a desk in our kitchen.
- Investigate freezer/crockpot recipes and start making tons of them.
- Finish the baby room.
- Get some chickens – this may be a bit of a stretch.
- Make plans for a small garden.
- Have the baby.
- Name the baby. (This is so hard for us…)
- Plant said small garden – last frost date is 4/10!
- Take that online course I’ve been thinking about.
- Make a kitchen island.
- Refresh this list of goals.
- Start running again.
- Make homemade tomato sauce.
- Start back to work, and then
- Take the kids on a vacation.
- Happy Birthday! Buy a piano. If you haven’t bought one by now, its time to get a cheap keyboard.
- Cook stuff with our garden produce.
- Start sewing a quilt.
- Homemade halloween costumes, duh.
- Go camping.
- Get the nativity advent scene ready.
- Fry a turkey.
- Watch a Christmas movie.
- Take Ransom on a Christmas outing.
- Survive the holidays.